Andrew Clifford is the chief investment officer of Platinum Asset Management and co-manager of the Platinum International Fund.
Andrew joined Platinum Asset Management as a founding member in 1994 in the capacity of director and Deputy Chief Investment Officer. Previously he was a Vice President of Bankers Trust Australia covering Asian equities and managing the BT Select Market Trust - Pacific Basin Fund.
Platinum Asset Management ("Platinum") is an Australian based fund manager which specialises in investing in international equities.
Platinum's investment methodology is applied with the aim of achieving absolute returns for investors. This is our central endeavour. It is complemented by quarterly communication which attempts to keep Investors abreast of our perspective and portfolio positioning.
We Are A Manager Specialising In Investing In Equities
- We offer regional and industry specific funds in addition to global portfolios.
- Key members of the management team have equity in our business.
- We emphasise success fees and total revenues.
- We limit the number of individual accounts.
- Sales and distribution functions are outsourced, wherever possible. This is achieved through joint ventures with partners such as MLC Investments in Australia and Optima Fund Management in New York.
- Where appropriate we outsource custody, settlement, client record keeping and accounting to State Street Australia Limited and our distributors, where possible. The 'middle office' functions such as portfolio tracking and analysis are retained.