Kerr Neilson is the chief executive, portfolio manager for the global mandates and is the principal shareholder of Platinum Asset Management.
Kerr has over 40 years of experience in financial markets, both in Australia and overseas. Upon migrating to Australia from his native South Africa, he joined Bankers Trust where he made important contributions to the development of that company's highly successful retail funds management division. In 1994 he left the group and established Platinum Asset Management where he was chief investment officer until 2013. Currently he is the group’s chief executive, portfolio manager for the global mandates and is the principal shareholder.
Platinum Asset Management ("Platinum") is an Australian based fund manager which specialises in investing in international equities.
Platinum's investment methodology is applied with the aim of achieving absolute returns for investors. This is our central endeavour. It is complemented by quarterly communication which attempts to keep Investors abreast of our perspective and portfolio positioning.
We Are A Manager Specialising In Investing In Equities
- We offer regional and industry specific funds in addition to global portfolios.
- Key members of the management team have equity in our business.
- We emphasise success fees and total revenues.
- We limit the number of individual accounts.
- Sales and distribution functions are outsourced, wherever possible. This is achieved through joint ventures with partners such as MLC Investments in Australia and Optima Fund Management in New York.
- Where appropriate we outsource custody, settlement, client record keeping and accounting to State Street Australia Limited and our distributors, where possible. The 'middle office' functions such as portfolio tracking and analysis are retained.