Platinum Investment Management Limited ABN 25 063 565 006 AFSL 221935 is an Australian based fund manager which specialises in investing in international equities. It trades as Platinum Asset Management ("Platinum").
Platinum currently manages around A$22 billion with around 7% of this from investors in New Zealand, Europe, America and Asia.
Platinum's investment methodology is applied with the aim of achieving absolute returns for investors. This is our central endeavour. It is complemented by quarterly communication which attempts to keep Investors abreast of our perspective and portfolio positioning.
Platinum is owned by Platinum Asset Management Limited ABN 13 050 064 287, a company listed on the Australian Securities Exchange (code PTM) in May 2007. Following the listing, outside interests hold approximately 30% of PTM shares with staff (and related parties) retaining approximately 70%.
We Are A Manager Specialising In Investing In Equities
- We offer regional and industry specific funds in addition to global portfolios.
- Key members of the management team have equity in our business.
- We emphasise success fees and total revenues.
- We limit the number of individual accounts.
- Sales and distribution functions are outsourced, wherever possible. This is achieved through joint ventures with partners such as MLC Investments in Australia and Optima Fund Management in New York.
- Where appropriate we outsource custody, settlement, client record keeping and accounting to State Street Australia Limited and our distributors, where possible. The 'middle office' functions such as portfolio tracking and analysis are retained.